Firefighter's warning to smokers after fire near Royal Windsor Way

Published: 18 Sep 2012 17:30

SMOKERS are being urged to be careful when discarding cigarettes after a patch of grass was set on fire.

A crew from Slough were called to a small grass fire between the Jubilee River and Royal Windsor Way (formerly Windsor Relief Road) at around noon today (Tuesday).

Firefighters used one hose reel to extinguish the fire, leaving after around 40 minutes.

Watch manager Paul Whiting said the fire was probably caused by a discarded cigarette, adding: "People need to be careful as conditions are still quite summery and dry."

Jump to first paragraph.